1. Having to drive less than 20 minutes to get to an amazing beach surrounded by its panoramic and amazing view.
2. Stepping out of the plane, seeing a cloudless blue sky, and breathing in the hot (year round) air.
3. Going from grey buildings and white landscapes to green spaces and tons of beaches (depending on where you land).
4. Buying the first Presidente beer of the trip (specifically with ice crystals, or ‘vestida de novia’) and knowing it’s all going to be okay.
5. Having a ‘frutero’ or ‘fruit man’ in every corner of the capital selling freshness in a cart.
6. Now that we are talking about food, HAVE YOU TRIED SANCOCHO ON A RAINY DAY? Google it. Enough said.
7. No but really, since we are still talking about food, rejoice in the fact that you will enjoy internationally acclaimed exports (meats, fruits, cacao) without waiting for them to cross an ocean.
8. Dominican hospitality, always a smile painted on their face.
9. Dominican women have a thing for salons. There are pedicures, manicures, and haircuts for all price ranges (plus great service).
10. The joyous feeling of putting your feet in the sand after so long, pina colada in the other hand please.
11. Showing off your amazing pictures to your friends afterwards.
12. Checking your bill and exhaling after realizing you don’t have to pay the same taxes as in Canada.
14. Taking the best nap of your life on the beach , closing your eyes , ipod on , world
15. Barbecue, beach afternoon and party with the friends you didn’t see for so long. (
16. Ecological reserve protected from human activity.
17. The peacefulness of large open spaces .