2 cheese spinach and mushroom lasagna
For those who know me, probably know by now my strong and deep affair with spinach, mushroom, and lasagna. So i decided to combine my 3 favourite ingredients together into an exquisite meal. I was surprised by how simple and fast this lasagna recipe is!
- A bag of spinach
- 1 Egg
- Tomato Pasta Sauce
1. Bring a large pot water to a boil, add some salt to it, then add lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. After that, drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
2. On a medium heat, warm a medium pot with butter, then add half of the spinach bag, and stir until the spinach shrinks. You’re going to be shocked by how much the spinach will shrink, but don’t worry, this is how you want it to be, and the quantity will be sufficient (Pre heat the oven 440 deg.)
3. Remove the spinach from the pot, and replace it with mushrooms and a bit of butter too. Stir until it colour turns goldish. Once it’s done, add the spinach with the mushrooms again, add an egg to them, and mix them all.
4. Then, turn off the heat and add half of the ricotta cheese with the mix as well as some Mozzarella cheese to add some taste to the mixture. Before completing this step, add some salt and pepper, and mix it one last time.
5. Once the oven is pre-heated, add some tomato sauce on the baking dish ( glass is recommended) so that the noodle doesn’t stick on it. Once this layer has been completed, apply a layer of lasagna noodles, and then top it with the mixture. Repeat this step again, and then cover the mixture with a layer of lasagna noodles. Once you’re done, add some tomato paste on the top, less than what you had applied at the beginning, and finally add all the remaining mozzarella cheese on the top.
6. Heat it in the oven at 440 deg for 25 minutes, and share it with 3-4 other individuals.