This is how Spinco changed my life
This is an appreciation post for Spinco because it has truly changed my life. Exactly a year ago I weighed 10 KILOS less than I do now! Yes, you heard me, 10 freaking kilos! What happened? Well … I was travelling a lot so my eating habits as well as my workout schedule were disturbed by carbs and an unsurmountable amount of alcohol.
Because of my unstable work schedule I didn’t really have a routine which means I didn’t have discipline. Without that, you can’t really be motivated because you’re just not used to having a fixed schedule to respect and commit to.
My best friend and sister were going to SPINCO Montreal, almost everyday at 6:30-7AM even in -30 degrees weather. I honestly thought they were crazy for getting up so early! I didn’t know what it was all about until I came back from my 2.5 months summer vacation this September and decided that I was ready to try it out and see what’s all this fuss about!
In other words I was in the right mindset and ready to commit!
My mentor always encouraged me write down my biggest challenges. She also always recommended me to track down my progress because it gives you a sense of accomplishment and makes you thrive for more.
I decided to write my 3 biggest problems:
- I don’t push myself to the limits – Let’s say I have 3 more minutes till the end, I Quit!
- I don’t finish what I start – I always get excited at first, and end up getting bored and moving to something else before I’m done. ie: I start spinning then get bored and decide to sign up for kickboxing.
- I tend to diversify a lot – The moment I decide to start something, I end up wanting to do 5 other things as well instead of focusing on one thing and mastering it.
Spinning finally allowed me to overcome this because its:
- CLOSE: Only a 5 minute car ride, and 11 minute walk from my house in Griffintown to old port.
- SHORT: Classes are 45-50 min so 5 songs inn and you’re already halfway there. Time flies!
- CLEANLINESS: I’m very picky when it comes to cleanliness and this place is actually clean. KUDOS!
- MUSIC: Depending on the teacher but all the playlists so far have been fun! you really feel like you’re partying!
- CANCELLATION: I think this is one of the biggest factors that has made me get up and go; tIf you don’t cancel 12 hours+ before the class you get automatically charged due to the limited capacity they have.
- FREE PARKING: The fact that I go to the morning class makes me save a lot on parking!
- DARK: They usually turn the lights off in class to let you focus on your performance rather on people around you in class. So you tend to forget about your look and whoever is in class and focus on pushing your body as hard as you can. Also, because they turn the lights off you can’t really walk out of class … so you suck it in and keep ridin’!
- RESERVATION: You can pre-book your seat ahead of time which is perfect because even if you showed up 2 minutes before class no one can take your reserved seat!
- STAFF: The staff is super friendly and always there to help and accommodate you with whatever you need! I really like this because a simple smile can have a huge effect on your mood and how the rest of your day will look like!
- MORNING: I never thought I could train in the morning until I got hooked to spinning. I love waking up at 6:45 AM now and sweating my ass out in class. There’s no better way to start your day.
- EQUIPMENT: I’ve taken a spinning class before and it was such an unpleasant experience because of the machines. At SPINCO they provide us with newest equipment, shoes, and towels.
- CHALLENGE: Not only is it a physical challenge but a mental one too. My favourite instructor, VIC, always reminds us that we can push ourselves and if we made it to class this morning we need to make it worth it. I always leave feeling good and motivated to start my day and get shit done.
- 2 WEEK TRIAL: finally, I signed up for the 2 week trial ($50) before committing and ended up going everyday. As soon as the trial expires, the riders are eligible for a 20% off any package they chose to move forward with.
This is how SPINCO fixed my problem:
- I ended up pushing myself by showing up 5-6 times a week and adding resistance everytime to challenge myself even more.
- I have never quit during class, cancelled or simply didn’t show up; Even when I’m on my period or hungover. I actually look forward to waking up and spinning. my motto is : You spin, you win!
- I still enjoy diversifying so besides spinning 5x a week, I take dancing classes Monday afternoon and kickboxing classes Saturday. If I can commit to one thing, I have enough discipline to commit to more.
This is how Spinco changed my life ….So if you’re thinking about it, think no more! All it takes is for you to make the first move. Sign up today and show up tomorrow! It takes 21 days to form a habit so If I can do it … you sure as hell can! Be patient and enjoy the journey.
NO GUTS, NO GLORY