A Long-Awaited Revolution Lebanon, This One Is for You!
Credits to Anna-Maria Kachouch
What’s really going on in Lebanon?
We’ve had the same people in power since the beginning of the civil war. For decades we’ve been re-electing the same corrupt leaders who have turned the situation in Lebanon into a shit show.
They have put people against each other in the name of religion to distract them from the damage they’ve been causing. At this point, the Lebanese have lost everything, and they have literally nothing more to lose; they have all decided to unite and have been protesting from North to South for two days in a row.
What are their demands?
FIRST AND FOREMOST, they are demanding the overturn of the government; Asking all the politicians in power to resign
- Our currency, the Lebanese Pound, has been affected and banks are not allowing people to withdraw money in USD.
- The government has been imposing taxes on all goods and services including: oil, bread, mobile services and even WhatsApp, which is known to be a FREE APP.
- The unemployment rate is at its peak, which is forcing thousands to leave the country.
- Debt has eaten up our economy.
- Rise in pollution and cancer rates.
- No access to public health care, education and retirement plans.
- Our entire country was on fire for almost 3 days and not even one politician stepped in and took necessary measures.
We’ve lost our tourism, our businesses, our freedom of speech, our loved ones, our forests and our dignity.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Kelon yaane kelon!
🇱🇧 Credits to Patrick Bassili ✌🏼
LIVE FEED OF PROTEST HERE
EH W YALLA, EL 7OUKOUME LA BARA!